Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where is summer going?

I'm kind of upset over the fact that it is June 24th already. Summer is going way too quickly and I still have so much to do. So much knitting, reading sewing, preparing for London... It is kind of depressing.

However, expect something (hopefully) good on the blog arena soon. My sister is at a youth group conference this week and we have traded cameras. She didn't want to risk taking her Canon Rebel to a college campus with a thousand other teens, so I gave her mine. In exchange, I have full access to the beauty all week. So hopefully I'll get some good shots of... stuff.

I've been crocheting the granny square bag, but things are not going very quickly. I'm up to 11/18 squares completed. Then I need to find fabric to line it and block the squares and stitch it all together and yeah. Luckily my friend is on a nine day roadtrip so I have plenty of time before she returns.

I've been watching a lot of period movies lately as they are pretty much my favorite genre. I am finding that the knits from the first half of the 20th century are quite stunning. I basically want them all. For examples, see Sons and Lovers, The Heart of Me, and Sylvia. And after typing that sentence, I realized that I am a food for not making screencaps of these movies for future reference. But I guess it can still be done, they are all from the library anyway. Rowan's Vintage Knits has excellent stuff that is in that vein of course. I hope to start work on Demi soon. However, having lost one of my interchangeable needles while knitting the Dollar and a Half cardigan, that may be a problem.

Sorry there are no pictures. I hate reading posts without pictures, but I am sure there will be plenty in the future.

No comments: