Sunday, June 08, 2008

It's coming together!

I'm onto the seaming of the Dollar and a Half cardigan! I was originally excited to start putting it altogether, but then I remembered that seaming is boring. Last night I got through the three needle bindoff on the shoulders and stitched in the sleeves on one side.

Oh wait, first I blocked it.

Blocking was amazing. Some people on Ravelry had complained that the bumps and such did not block out, but mine came out beautifully. The yarn has really softened too. I threw in a little conditioner into the water which helped. I really had no idea what I was doing as far as the blocking goes. I've read a lot of stuff, but I didn't follow any one set of instructions. I basically just dunked in in some warm water, rolled it up in a towel to get some of the water out, and then pinned it out to dry on a towel. But I am happy with the results and that is what counts, right?

Here is the shoulder seam. Once again, kind of just winging it, but I am satisfied with the results. There are a couple places where the horizontal stripes are just misaligned by maybe just one row, but I really don't care at this point. I don't think it is that noticeable. I hate having to do things over. Especially when you leave the house and get almost out of the neighborhood when you realize that you forgot something. I did that three times the other day. I was so frustrated afterwards that I accidentally ran a stop sign. Ugh.

Now this picture is a sampling of the present I am making for my friend Hannah. She is also a knitter so we have a good time sharing patterns and projects and doing knitterly things together. I am going to make a cute little bag with these granny squares. I'm thinking that there will be nine on each side. I have an old pillow case that I think will line it nicely. The yarn was a Christmas present from my aunt. It's all hand spun and hand dyed from somewhere in Ohio that I cannot remember at this moment because the yarn band has disappeared. But it is lovely and has that nice sheepy smell.

Until these projects are finished (and I still need buttons for the cardigan!) I am refusing to think about what might be coming next. But it may just be Demi from Rowan's Vintage Knits. Hint hint. It will be perfect for my time spent in England this fall.

No comments: