Sunday, July 02, 2006

Man. It's been a month. How sad. You know I see the Blogger link in my toolbar everyday and I feel so guilty for not posting anything. Too much work. I'm so lazy about uploading and posting pics as well.

Oh hey I just discovered this post thing directly from Picasa. I don't know about doing multiple pics though. We'll see how this works.

Anyway this is Knit and Tonic's Dream Swatch. It's bit wide so I don't know how it'll work as a headwrap thing. We'll see. I hate frogging things which is why even if they don't work, I'll keep going. It's sad rather. I did get the strength to rip out the Branching Out Scarf I was making though. I just need real mohair you know, not fingering weight yarn stuff.


So the big news is that I went to a garage sale the other day and got 37 skeins of yarn for $25. If that is not a deal. It's nothing like way nice, just your general craft store lot. But the nice thing was there were many skeins of one color and I don't get to buying that much usually. SO SWEATER. I've been searching and searching for a good sweater and/or cardigan pattern. All I've really come up with so far is The Medallion cardigan in the Loop-d-loop book. It looks hard though. I also got a Vintage Knits book out of the library and there's some nice stuff in there. So we'll see. I also have some plans for a couple scarves as well. And a hat or two.

I will take some picutres sometime. I need to organize it all as well. I think I will use this bookshelf that is pretty short and not a lot of my bigger books will fit there not to mention I've got a thousand other bookshelves.

Gosh, I guess part of the problem is that once I get typing I can just go on and on and on. So basically I have seven or so skeins of some chunky red stuff. I'm thinking Ubernatural? Yes maybe? I didn't want to knit it in red/burgundy, but hey. Less than a dollar a skein? I think so.

I really should talk about this when I have pictures too.

Also I went to my dead grandmother's house in June to clean it out and I found tons of needles and yarn and unfinished knitting projects and those basket things. So I brought half of it home because that's all I could fit in my luggage.

One of these days I'll get my act together if I didn't have to work all the time. Sigh. But next weekend I'm going to my grandma's and that's always way boring so hopefully I'll get some knitting done. Posted by Picasa

No comments: