Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday again?

Has it really been a week since I last posted? Summer is really flying by, it's practically June already. I have been steadily progressing on the Dollar and a Half cardigan. I feel like a serious knitter getting this much accomplished. If only I had this kind of time all year round. But I guess that is what happens when you have no school, no friends, no job, and your boyfriend still hasn't moved back home yet. Those last two things will change soon, but I still will have many, many productive hours.

The back has been finished. Gosh I hope that all blocks out.

I have begun working on the left front which is the regular stripey bit, not the part with the cable. I only have a few inches left on this piece; I've passed the difficult decreasing bits. It's a bit like rubbing your belly and patting your head. You have to decrease on different sides atknit different rates and keep up the pattern all at the same time. I ended up writing it all out so I wouldn't have any mistakes. As it is, I'll probably have enough. See how the reverse stockinette looks all weird? That's because I knit really tight and I purl very loosely and it makes it all quite uneven. I've been trying to knit looser etc., but it's not happening.

I do love this yarn though! Here it is snuggled up with my many piles of books.


Once this cardigan gets done, then perhaps I will work on making call number spine labels for all my new books. There's almost 60 that need them, unfortunately, I do not think there is any room on the shelves.


Next post I will give you all a glimpse into the horrific patterns contained in "Beastly Knits," which I got a book sale. I couldn't pass it up.

No comments: