Sunday, April 16, 2006

Oh my blocking

Well. Wait hold on I have to see what I posted last time. Okay.

I've got over a foot done on the Basketweave scarf with the Sugar'n Cream stuff. It's weird looking and I don't know if I like it but Mom and Sister too so I'll keep going with it. Also it's easy and I don't have to think about it which is nice for knitting in the car and when watching a movie.

I have not started the Hug thing back up again. I started knitting a swatch but didn't even finish that.

I have also not done anymore on the Branching Out scarf, sadly.

I have, instead, spent all my time knitting the Isabeau Purse. I believe I cast on on Thursday, knit most of the body on Friday while watching the Passion, and finished everything up today. I spent like five hours on it today. I blocked it too. I've never done that before. Here it is being blocked the first time.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And no, those are not rust proof needles. They're safety pins. I messed up a lot. I didn't pick up the stitches right for the sides and so it goes over farther than it should. Also, I do not have any clue how to crochet. So the sides and the strap were totally winged. So I don't know. I think it'll look okay. I've got this fabric with hot air balloons on it for the lining. I have no idea how that'll go either.

Yesterday I made a skirt. Well, it was a dress first. I just chopped it off and took it in a little and put elastic in it. It turned out nicely actually. It's brown and tiered or whatever. There will be pictures. But I was so frustrated putting it together, the same with this purse. I just kept going though, not really caring if I made any mistakes. Ah well.

No comments: